Stranded in the house while Metro Manila is lashed with southwest monsoon rains, one might expect me to be bored. Well, no. It gave me time to revise (a lot of revising) and read articles and references for my thesis. My topic requires lotsa reading since it tackles Philippine folklore (the oral narratives). The studies and stories I’ve read so far are truly fascinating. It’s really saddening that most of these stories are diminishing and weighed down under the cultures of other nations presently taking a wave in the Philippines. Look around and you will see that the country, and the Filipinos, are turning into someone else, being copycats of other peoples. Before I go on a tirade with the rapid loss of Filipino identity let me nudge myself back on track, this is recess time.
While waiting for articles to load on my screen I created a quick illustration of some of my things with red on them. Yes, I name my things, specifically my gadgets. I used to go for white ones, but black is way more popular and sleek when it comes to techies. It’s quite obvious but if you still don’t get it, red is my favorite color. Some say they love it because it’s the color for passion and love. I will be blunt in saying that I love red (all shades of it) because it’s the color of blood (the oxygenated one, alright, you biologist you). I must thank our little fellow hemoglobin, filled with iron,for this, he – or she – is like chlorophyll to plants. Read Campbell’s Biology book to learn more about these things.
What’s your favorite color?
- Metro Manila under water! (ireport.cnn.com)
- Conversation (misfitmuse.wordpress.com)
- ‘Red warning’ remains over Metro Manila as rains continue – Pagasa (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Tuesday rains surpass Ondoy’s 2009 rainfall – Pagasa (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Elsie’s August Wishlist (abeautifulmess.com)
- Letters from the tooth fairy – When you care enough to send the very tiniest (coolmompicks.com)