There are two things on my mind right now: (1) I need a thesis topic so so so bad! (2) I want a new artsy little personal project to keep my creative juices flowing even if there is 90% possibility I wouldn’t finish it. So I went to Photojojo and grinned at their awesome photography ideas…and then I got to this blog post about a street art using little model people – I love making scale models, I love the challenge proportion presents, so this immediately caught my attention.
Slinkachu is a London-based photographer who claims has been “abandoning little people on the streets since 2006″. He creates his own little model people and props and set them up on strategic spots on the street, takes some shots, and leaves his little people for finders-keepers. He called this The Little People Project. Here are some awesome shots that might inspire all of us:
It’s not always about the biggies. See more of The Little People Project.
- The Little People Project by Slinkachu (lostateminor.com)
- London street art scene mushrooms into success (sfgate.com)
- Street Art (explorationart.wordpress.com)
- How to Come Up With Ideas for Your Own Photography Projects (oxfordschoolofphotography.wordpress.com)
- Garbage Men Take Amazing Photos With Giant Dumpster Cameras [Photography] (gizmodo.com)