My LArch friends and I took a break from the humdrum of planning and designing and decided to take pictures of our kikay kits! We are not the most kikay and organized of all girls, but the kikay kits contained a lot of surprises. A kikay kit is actually a vanity kit containing a girl’s daily beauty essentials such as lipgloss, perfume, and facial wipes.
As soon as I get a camera I would like to dedicate a portion of this blog for the noble kikay kits of my girl friends. It’s amusing to see items that do not match one’s personality, and the discovery of a certain perk is also entertaining. Let’s start off the WIYKK portion with my very own kikay kit!
- Zwitsal baby cologne (in atomizer)
- Green Cross 40% Isopropyl Alcohol (in a 70% solution alcohol bottle, haha)
- Bench Fix Professional Molding Clay – Clay Doh Matte and Tousled
- Cookie compact mirror (from my roommate Gaye)
- Nyx Round Lipstick – Pumpkin Pie (sometimes I bring Mars)
- Avon Simply Pretty Lipstick – Carnation Twinkle
- Carmex Original Moisturizing Lip Balm
- lots of Mefenamic Acid capsules
- Cloxacillin Sodium antibacterial capsules (that I used to take when I got my impacted molar extracted)
My roommate, Gaye, and I grew up using Zwitsal when we were still young. When we found out that there’s a local store selling Zwitsal we immediately got our friend to buy colognes for us. As a person who can’t live without wearing any kind of fragrance, I usually prefer perfumes since they last longer. What made me appreciate baby colognes is their clean and simple smell. No multiple notes, just a clean and lovable smell, and it makes you smell like a baby.
I can’t afford MAC and MUFE yet, but Nyx is relatively affordable though not cheap. What I like about Nyx Cosmetics is their products’ immense pigmentation. On a quest for new basic makeup stash, I purchased some Nyx loot online – Primer, Champagne & Caviar eyeshadow palette, and Nyx Round Lipsticks. I don’t know any store here in the Philippines that carry Nyx so I had to order online. I’m not used to wearing makeup so I opted for nude shades as a start.
The Champagne&Caviar palette has 10 colors in the kit, and it is similar to Urban Decay‘s Naked 1 (though of course I would really LOVE to have a UD Naked). As I said, Nyx products have high pigmentation, so you don’t have to apply too much to get the color on your skin. Even their lipsticks give a lot of color, although it doesn’t last as long.
I got Pumpkin Pie and Mars from their Round Lipsticks line. They are nude shades for Asian women. At first I thought Pumpkin Pie was too pink when I initially got it, but then I started to appreciate the shade because it helps lighten up my darkish lips (I don’t even smoke!). Mars is a perfect nude…for my complexion, that is. There’s no formula to find the perfect nude lipstick except to try them yourself. What I also like about Nyx Round Lipsticks is their moisturizing effect, you can literally feel it;This also explains their low staying factor. There’s a weird smell upon application, but it’s not bad, it just takes getting used to.
I have tried a lot of lip balms. Avon, Chapstick, and other brands I already forgot. I’m on the quest for the best lip balm for my chapping lips. Chapstick just didn’t make it. I was choosing between Burt’s Bees, EOS, and Carmex. I haven’t found a store with Burt’s Bees and EOS yet, although I’ve read that they both perform really well. I found Carmex in Robinson’s Starmills Pampanga, and immediately bought one to replace my Chapstick. So far so good, and I love the tingling sensation I feel whenever I put it on. I apply Carmex about twice each day – it isn’t necessary, I just wanted to whenever I feel like it. ^^
- Thank You! (classicsparklers.wordpress.com)
- Kikay Stuffs (bjurusai.wordpress.com)
- Of Kikays and Machine Guns (xoxocriseldalovestowrite.wordpress.com)
- Shopping Cart: Kikay Edition (sandiestar.wordpress.com)
- Oddities in Life. (gmaejunejuly.wordpress.com)
- Die Dry Lips (the3rdkulture.wordpress.com)
- Quick Quiz: Do You Know the Difference Between the Eaux? (bellasugar.com)
- The Best Nude Lip Liners (bellasugar.com)
- How to Prevent Lipstick From Flaking, Caking, and Feathering (bellasugar.com)
- Luscious Lip Balms (bellasugar.com)